Cacao, the raw version of cocoa, is a naturally occurring substance with strong anti-oxidant properties. Antioxidants help the body’s natural defences to scour and remove free radicals, which when in abundance can cause illness, immune system dysregulation, and can be a possible precursor for cancerous cells. Cacao is also the main ingredient for chocolate!
So why Detox?
Cacao has a very bitter taste. If you’ve ever eaten 70% and above dark chocolate, you would have experienced this. However, when sugar and milk are added, you still get the ‘chocolatey’ sensation, but without the bitterness.
When we say ‘Detox’ then, we mean from all the additives, flavourings, and preservatives that are part of the ingredients in most chocolate. Apart from sugar, which by now the endless evils (whether they are factual or not) have been repeated to near death, the dairy used is most likely dried and powdered. This means you really have no idea how old the dairy is, from what source(s) it was derived, and where it has been stored.
What else is in your common, every day, store bought chocolate? Let’s have a look at a brand of chocolate you can buy almost anywhere in the world (they’re a household name):
At first glance, these list of ingredients contain:
- Five (5) types of sugars.
- Vegetable Fat: do vegetables actually contain Fat? No, they do not. ‘Vegetable Fat’ is derived from seeds and nuts.
- Several Additives, some of which are considered safe for most people, such as 260 which is plain old Acetic Acid (Vinegar). However, 120 is Carminic Acid, or a derivative of this, and is considered hazardous for consumption. Even those considered safe, such as 476, is still called ‘Polyglycerol Ester’, and is synthetic i.e. made in a lab! Oh, and don’t forget the Sulphites! We have a great Blog Post on the Top 5 Food Additives to Avoid right here!
But enough scare mongering. Apart from the sugar, none of these are in dangerous amounts in isolation, so having a few eggs on Easter morning is not going have you growing a second head or keeling over immediately from a stroke. The point of this is to be aware that it’s not just cacao and farm fresh milk that go into your chocolate! ‘Ban the Bunny’ means we enjoy our Easter, then spend 4 days purging these added nasties out of our system.
Ban the Bunny- I get it now! What’s involved?
The Core Health Dynamics Easter Detox: Ban the Bunny will help you:
- Reduce abdominal bloating.
- Ease digestive discomfort.
- Help you not get overtaken with sugar cravings.
- Give you more energy.
- Help you sleep better.
- Assist with food choices and supplements that will help get your body back into nutritional alignment
Unlike Flat Belly Feb, which is a comprehensive 3 week Liver cleanse, the Easter Detox is designed to have you fighting fit for when you go back to work or have to look after the kids after the long weekend.
The focus will be on clean eating, water and juices, and using the right Supplements* to get your energy levels back to where they should be. This will give you a kick-start for any training and exercise regimes, in addition to just generally feeling ‘cleaner’!
(*Note that Core Health Dynamics has no affiliations and no financial gain from these Supplements, They are merely recommendations based on our experience and study).
What does my $29.00 cover for this program?
- Your 4 day Detox Shopping list.
- Your 4 day Detox food and drink elimination list, including healthy and delicious juicing recipes!
- Your list of Supplements.
- On-call fitness and nutrition advice. You can contact me ANY TIME during these 4 days for hints, tips, and help!
And as an added bonus, you will be placed on a list for:
- A FREE copy of the Fitness 101 – Workouts for the Time Poor: Muscle Building and Weight Loss e-Book, due out in August 2015.
- A 50% discount on the next Core Health Dynamics Detox program to be released in July 2015.