FAT Belly Feb – your NO-GO food and drink list for February!

#flatbellyfeb

‘Fat’ Belly Feb, ‘Flat’ Belly Feb…see what I did there? Anyway…

The first step in getting a flatter belly (not just for February, but, well, forever!)is ensuring we eliminate those foods and drinks that commonly cause bloating, or are just plain bad for you. Some of these items only need to be eliminated for a short period of time; some for the duration of Flat Belly Feb; whilst others would be good to forego forever if you can!

If this seems difficult, or if there are foods you have cravings for, just remember that this is only for 3 weeks! That works out to be 21 days out of 365, or 5.75% of your whole year. You will have the remaining 94.25% of the year to have these…if you really want too.

Finally, although we may be eliminating many foods and drinks you are used to, we will be replacing these with alternatives. Elimination Diet’s don’t work that well unless you have something else to consume. Although the list below looks like we’ll have you only eating air and drinking water, I assure you that the Flat Belly Feb Shopping List will ease any concerns you have. It’s always better to get the ‘bad news’ out of the way first though!

Print out the next page and put it on your fridge, your office cubicle, or wherever you will walk past it each day. And take it with you when you go to the supermarket along with your Flat Belly Feb Shopping List, which you will receive later this week.

If you need to contact me you should have my email address by now. If not, drop me an email or leave a Comment!

________________________________________________________________________________

FAT Belly Feb – Foods to Avoid

  1. Any conventional Fast Food (E.g. McDonalds, KFC, Subway, etc.).
  2. Any Take-Away Food (Hamburgers, hot chips, pizza, battered fish etc.) The one exception is Charcoal and Roast Chickens from take-away places. You can eat these.
  3. Lollies, candy, chewing gum, biscuits, cookies, or any confectionary.
  4. Ice Cream and Ice Blocks.
  5. Chips, crackers, and dips. You can make your own dips, click here for some recipes, and put ‘Dip Me’ in the subject line.
  6. All Chocolate. Yes, ALL. Sorry….
  7. All Dairy, except for hard (cheddar) cheese, you may have two slice of this per week. And you may also have natural, unflavoured Greek Yoghurt, but no more than two small tubs per week.
  8. All Breads, Pastas, and Cereals. Anything with Wheat, Bran, Barley, Oats, Quinoa,Rye, and White Rice. A small amount of Brown Rice (two tablespoons maximum) is allowed twice a week. Use this to bolster yourself after a training sessions or long day at work.
  9. Any canned foods, except for Tuna.
  10. Processed meats (Salami, Pastrami, Devon, Chicken Loaf etc).
  11. Dried Fruits.

FAT Belly Feb – Drinks to Avoid

  1. COFFEE…got that one out of the way early! Don’t worry, we’ll re-introduce this mid-way between Week #2 and Week #3.
  2. Alcohol.
  3. Lollies, candy, chewing gum, biscuits, cookies, cakes.
  4. Soft drinks.
  5. Milk and other Dairy.
  6. Tea with added Milk and Sugar. Black Tea is ok, herbal teas are even better. Add a quarter teaspoon of honey if need be.
  7. Fruit Juices, both those in bottles and cartons from the Supermarket, and even fresh fruit juice, This is a really important one to avoid.
  8. Cordials.
  9. Soy Milk.
  10. Powdered Milks and substitutes.
  11. Whey Protein with added sugar. Try and find pure, grass-fed Whey with only natural sweeteners.

BONUS: How to find and avoid hidden sugar!  Anything from the list below is sugar one form or another:

  • Sucrose / Glucose / Fructose / Dextrose / Maltose.
  • Maltodextrin.
  • Corn Syrup / Malt Syrup.
  • Fruit Juice.

2 thoughts on “FAT Belly Feb – your NO-GO food and drink list for February!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s